So it's been 13 days since my last post and that's ok. I have been busy at home and at work, so I can be forgiven, right? Well now that you have forgiven me, I will let you in on one of the things that kept me busy (which will also be linked in at A Soft Place To Land for the DIY day!)
So before I go into this, keep in mind that I am still new at this diy thing (as well as new to telling people of my diy adventures). I very often forget to take befores or even durings and this was NO exception! From 8-5, M-F I live in this place called cubicle land. It's pretty drab, but soon I will change that by adding my own personal touches. Anyway, back to the diy part. My WBFF (work best friend) Melly Mel had always said that she wanted a door to her cube. I told her it would be nice to be able to 'close the door' every once in a while and she agreed. Ahh... one can dream.
Well her birthday was coming up and I thought, what better gift than to give her the gift of a cube door! So my wheels started turning and the Friday before her birthday I brought all my supplies in (she had no clue what I was doing) and when she left for the day, I went to work. Here is where my diy picture taking skills are no bueno. I didn't take any befores or durings (and I soooo should have cause it was HILARIOUS)
But here you have it. I totally used the Nester's Mistreatment Idea when I was doing this. NO SEWING involved at all!
I just typed this up on the computer and used a thrifstore frame that I got for 10c about two weeks ago.
Welcome to cubicle land. This is Melly Mel's cube. I had this material that I got from IKEA - I believe it is a table cloth, and it was in the AS IS section and was $1.49 - I cut it in half long ways (so I could keep it's length) and hung it up using actual curtain rod clips. (is that what they are called?

I just typed this up on the computer and used a thrifstore frame that I got for 10c about two weeks ago.
Welcome to cubicle land. This is Melly Mel's cube. I had this material that I got from IKEA - I believe it is a table cloth, and it was in the AS IS section and was $1.49 - I cut it in half long ways (so I could keep it's length) and hung it up using actual curtain rod clips. (is that what they are called?
The "rod" is actually two tubes from wrapping paper (so essentially they were free). Oh and if you look in the entry you will see little flag banner. There was more to the decorating than just her new door! Anyway, I also added some tie backs (or whatever you call the things that hold the curtain open) by cutting a small strip off of the bottom of the material and folding it in half. It's held in place by a push pin.


Here is a closeup of the mistreatment as well as the curtain clips and the really bad tape job to hold up the rod and 'hardware' - Hey.. it's diy, you use what you have, right?

Here you can see the mistreatment a little better - seriously if you don't know what that is (mistreatment) go here and find out. It is quite possibly the next best thing since sliced bread (well in the decorating world at least) - I know Kimba!!! ;)
Seriously... who would have thought I could go all diy at work. Melly Mel LOVED it and has been using it quite well. Honestly, since I had done it on Friday night, all weekend it was all I could do not to go into the office and make sure it had not fallen down!
Have fun and congrats on all the diy'ers out there!! You guys really inspire me to keep doing my diy work! :)
Hasta!
Adri.
4 comments:
you did a great job! It looks great! I was wondering where you were! I missed your comments! Welcome back!
How fun is that?!?!?! I wish they'd let us do that where I work!
I'm totally cracking up - LOVVVVE it!
That is SO cute! Great job!
Post a Comment